On the Facebook page on your computer, go to the Add a backup section, and then choose Setup from the Authentication app area. You’re given a QR code that you can use to automatically associate your account with the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Add your Facebook account
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select Add account from the Customize and control icon in the upper-right, select Other account (Google, Facebook, etc.), and then select OR ENTER CODE MANUALLY.
How do I get the QR code for Authenticator app on Facebook?
Log in to your Facebook account and go to Settings.
- Choose “Security” tab.
- Login Approvals > Click “Edit”. …
- 2FA (“Login Approvals”) enabled > close.
- Capture QR Code. …
- QR code pops up. …
- Open the Authy App > + Add Account > Scan QR Code.
- Confirm Facebook Logo > Click “Done”.
How do I get the 6 digit code for Facebook?
If you’ve turned on two-factor authentication, there are several ways you can get your security code or approve your login attempt:
- You can use a six digit text message (SMS) code sent to your mobile phone.
- With a security code from your Code Generator.
- By tapping your security key on a compatible device.
How do I authenticate my Facebook account?
In the top left of Facebook, tap your profile picture. Scroll to the bottom and tap Settings, then tap Security and Login. Tap Use two-factor authentication. Enter your password and tap Continue.
What is authentication app code in Facebook?
Code Generator is a security feature for your Facebook app used with two-factor authentication. When you turn it on, your phone will generate a special security code that you can use to verify it’s you when you log in from a new device or browser.
How do I bypass two-factor authentication on Facebook 2020?
How do I Bypass Facebook Two step Verification?
- At first, you are supposed to click on the Forgot Password option.
- After that, you are required to enter your email address and then your phone number in order to find your account.
- Now, you can request a code to get it on your registered email ID.
How do you generate a code from your authentication app and enter it to log in?
Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- In the “Add more second steps to verify it’s you” section, under “Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I turn off Login and skip two-factor authentication on Facebook?
Following the same instructions as above, log in to Facebook and head to the Security & Login page under the Settings tab. Click ‘Edit’ next to the 2FA option. Next, you’ll need to input your current Facebook password. Now you can click ‘Turn Off’ to disable two-factor authentication.
Why am I not receiving my SMS code from Facebook?
Contact your mobile service provider to make sure you’re sending a text message (SMS) to the right number. Remove any signatures at the end of your text messages (SMS) which can interfere with Facebook getting those messages. Try sending On or Fb to 32665 (FBOOK). Wait 24 hours in case there’s a delivery delay.
Why am I not getting my 6 digit code from Facebook?
Not getting the Facebook 6 digit code could either be caused by a bad network or the wrong phone number. This means that the number on your mobile device isn’t connected to the Facebook account you want to log into.
Why is Facebook asking for an authentication code?
If you set up two-factor authentication, you’ll be asked to enter a special login code or confirm your login attempt each time someone tries accessing Facebook from a browser or mobile device we don’t recognize. You can also get alerts when someone tries logging in from a browser or mobile device we don’t recognize.