The Firebase Admin SDK has a built-in method for creating custom tokens. At a minimum, you need to provide a uid , which can be any string but should uniquely identify the user or device you are authenticating. These tokens expire after one hour.
How do I know if my Firebase token is expired?
Verify ID tokens using the Firebase Admin SDK
If the provided ID token has the correct format, is not expired, and is properly signed, the method returns the decoded ID token. You can grab the uid of the user or device from the decoded token. Note: This does not check whether or not the token has been revoked.
Does Firebase expire?
4 Answers. In the latest release of Firebase Authentication, login sessions don’t expire anymore. Instead it uses a combination of long-lived account tokens and short-lived, auto-refreshed access tokens to get the best of both worlds. If you want to end a user’s session, you can call signOut() .
How long does Firebase session last?
By default, a session ends (times out) after 30 minutes of user inactivity. There is no limit to how long a session can last.
How do I refresh my Firebase token?
You can refresh a Firebase ID token by issuing an HTTP POST request to the securetoken.googleapis.com endpoint. The refresh token’s grant type, always “refresh_token”. A Firebase Auth refresh token. The number of seconds in which the ID token expires.
Where does Firebase store refresh token?
It’s under the API Keys section. Where REFRESH_TOKEN is the refresh token from Firebase user object when they signed in. You must set the header Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded or you will get errors (e.g. “MISSING_GRANT_TYPE”).
How do you check if a token is valid or not?
What to Check When Validating an Access Token
- Retrieve and parse your Okta JSON Web Keys (JWK), which should be checked periodically and cached by your application.
- Decode the access token, which is in JSON Web Token format.
- Verify the signature used to sign the access token.
What is a refresh token?
A refresh token is a special token that is used to obtain additional access tokens. This allows you to have short-lived access tokens without having to collect credentials every time one expires.
Firebase Auth provides server-side session cookie management for traditional websites that rely on session cookies. … Improved security via JWT-based session tokens that can only be generated using authorized service accounts.
How do I create auth token?
To create a new auth token:
- In the top-right corner of the Console, open the Profile menu ( ) and then click User Settings to view the details.
- On the Auth Tokens page, click Generate Token.
- Enter a friendly description for the auth token. …
- Click Generate Token.
How do you get auth tokens in Firebase?
Do the following in your web or mobile app:
- Use the appropriate Firebase Auth client library to get an ID token: Android: Use the GetTokenResult(). getToken() method. iOS: Use the User. getIDTokenResult(completion:) method. …
- Include the ID token in an Authorization: Bearer ID_TOKEN header in the request to the service.
Where are ID tokens stored?
We strongly recommend that you store your tokens in local storage/session storage or a cookie.
A session cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that a website server sends to a browser for temporary use during a limited timeframe. … When the browser closes at the end of a session, the file is deleted. A session cookie is also known as transient cookie.
Is Firebase API Key secret?
In a word, yes. As stated by one of the Firebase team engineers, your Firebase API key only identifies your project with Google’s servers. It is not a security risk to expose it.
Is Firebase free to use?
Firebase offers a no-cost tier pricing plan for all its products. For some products, usage continues at no cost no matter your level of use. For other products, if you need high levels of use, you’ll need to switch your project to a paid-tier pricing plan.
How do I find my Firebase Auth domain?
- go to the Project overview page in the Firebase console.
- click the + in the top bar.
- click </> button to add a web app.