An authenticator app is a standalone software application that can be downloaded to a smartphone, mobile device (tablet, iPad, etc.), or your desktop computer. It generates a random code that can be used for Two-Step Verification. Authenticator apps do not have access to your Amazon login.
How do I get the authenticator app on Amazon?
Log in to your Amazon account, go to Account & Lists > Your Account.
- In your account, go to Settings > Select Login & Security settings.
- Capture QR Code. …
- For the best user experience, set up Authenticator App.
- Now grab your phone and if not done yet, download Authy.
How do I turn off OTP on Amazon?
To disable Amazon’s Two-Step Verification, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon desktop site and hover over your name.
- Click on Hello, Your Name and then click Your Account.
- Click Login & security.
- Click Edit next to Two-Step Verification (2SV) Settings.
- Click Disable Two-Step Verification.
Can you turn off Amazon OTP?
To disable Two-Step Verification:
In Your Account, select Login & security. Select Edit beside Two-Step Verification (2SV) Settings. Select Disablebeside Two-Step Verification. Enter the code sent to your phone number, or generated through the authenticator app.