How do I get Google Authenticator on my Android phone?
Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- In the “Add more second steps to verify it’s you” section, under “Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I set up Google Authenticator on my phone?
- From your favorite browser, open the Google account security page.
- Click on “2-Step Verification”
- Under the Authenticator App section, click “Setup”
- Choose your device type (Android, iPhone) and click “Next” to reveal a QR code.
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your device.
How do I reinstall Google Authenticator?
Because 2FA uses security keys that are specific to each piece of hardware, you can’t simply reinstall Google Authenticator on your new phone and use it to log in. Instead, you have to transfer the keys to your new app.
Where is the QR code for Google Authenticator?
Before the setting is saved and Google Authenticator based 2-Step verification is enabled for you and other administrators, you will be asked to complete the Google Authentication registration. A QR Code will be shown on the Dashboard, with instructions to download Google Authenticator application.
How do I install the Authenticator app on my new phone?
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on a new phone, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s app store (Google Play or the Apple App Store)
- Find the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Log in to your Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device.
How do I set up Google Authenticator on my Samsung phone?
Here’s how to set it up:
- Download Google Authenticator from either the Apple App Store or the Android Google Play store. It’s free.
- Next, set up two-step verification on your google account. Log into your google account. …
- Select your phone, Android or iPhone.
Install Authenticator on your new phone. 2. On your computer, visit Google’s two-step verification site and log in to your Google account. Make sure you have both your old and new phone nearby when moving Google Authenticator.
Why can’t I receive verification code on my phone?
The verification message may have been blocked by your phone. Check your SMS blocklist settings. Go to Messaging > Blocked, touch the three-dot menu, and see if the message is in the blocked message list.
How do I recover my Google Authenticator code?
If you lost your backup codes, you can revoke them and get new ones.
- Go to the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account.
- Select Show codes.
- Select Get new codes.
How do I restore my authenticator app?
How Do I Restore My Microsoft Authenticator To A New Phone?
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
How do I recover my authenticator account?
Recover your account credentials on your new device
- On your mobile device, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and select Begin recovery.
- Sign in to your recovery account using the personal Microsoft account you used during the backup process. Your account credentials are recovered to the new device.