What do I do if Microsoft Authenticator is not working?
Steps to follow: Go the main menu of the Google / Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Go the phone Settings.
- Scroll down and click on General.
- Scroll down and click on Date & Time.
- Select Set Automatically to true.
- Close and reopen Google Authenticator / Microsoft Authenticator app.
How do I activate Microsoft Authenticator?
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app
- Sign in to your work or school account and then go to your My Account portal.
- Select Security info in the left menu or by using the link in the Security info pane. …
- On the Add a method page, select Authenticator app from the list, and then select Add.
How do I get the QR code for the Authenticator app?
Go to the security verification settings screen. For information on how to get to this screen, see Changing your security settings. Check the box next to Authenticator app then select Configure. This brings up a screen with a QR code on it.
How do I reset my Microsoft Authenticator?
How Do I Restore My Microsoft Authenticator To A New Phone?
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
Why am I not getting a verification code from Microsoft?
This issue could occur due to some temporary issues with the verification services. After you click on the option to send a verification code to your phone, you would be presented with a box to enter the code an option below the box to resend the code. I would suggest you to try resending the code.
How do I add my work email to Microsoft Authenticator?
Add your work or school account
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select Add account from the Customize and control icon in the upper-right, and then select Work or school account. Select OR ENTER CODE MANUALLY. Enter the Code and URL from Step 1, and then select Finish.