For security reasons, the Authenticator settings are not backed up or synchronised across devices. You will need to set up the Authenticator on the new device manually. If you don’t have backup codes, you will need to use an alternate verification method to access your account settings to generate new codes.
Can’t import Google Authenticator to new phone?
Transfer your Authenticator keys via Android
Tap “Get started.” Tap “Scan a QR code.” You’ll get a grid and instructions to “Place QR code within red lines.” Open Google Authenticator on your older phone. Select “Export accounts.” You may be asked to verify your identity via a fingerprint, password, or another method.
How do I transfer my Google Authenticator to a new phone?
Change which phone to send Authenticator codes
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- Under “Available second steps,” find “Authenticator app” and tap Change Phone.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
Does Google Authenticator work if I change phones?
You can move Google Authenticator to a new phone so that your new device can gain an additional level of security through two-step authentication. You can set up two-step authentication using the Google Authenticator app on your new phone.
How do I set up Google Authenticator on my new phone without my old phone?
The old school way still works
- Install Authenticator on your new phone.
- On your computer, visit Google’s two-step verification site and log in to your Google account. …
- Click Change Phone in the Authenticator app section. …
- Open the Authenticator app on your new phone and tap Begin > Scan barcode.
How do I restore my authenticator to a new phone?
How Do I Restore My Microsoft Authenticator To A New Phone?
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
What to do if you lose your phone with Google Authenticator?
What if I lose my phone with Google Authenticator on it?
- Save your Backup Codes.
- Print Your QR Codes.
- Print or Save the Key.
- Reset Authenticator App using Change Phone option.
- Change your Google Account Password.
- Revoke your App Passwords.
What happens if I uninstall Google Authenticator?
If you delete your Google Authenticator, you’ll lose access to any service that was enabled through this app. To prevent losing all tokens for services like Google and Facebook, backup codes are offered to use in case the authenticator is lost.
Is Google Authenticator backed up?
If you use Google Authenticator on Android smartphone, now there is an easier way to transfer it to a new phone. … There is no need to turn off two-factor authentication on all your accounts and activate it again.
How do I resync Google Authenticator on my Iphone?
You will need to download the Google Authenticator App onto your device from the appropriate location: Play Store for Android devices. App Store for IOS devices.
To make sure that you have the correct time:
- Go to the main menu on the Google Authenticator app.
- Select Settings.
- Select Time correction for codes.
- Select Sync now.
How do I restore my Google Authenticator?
If you didn’t print out those codes, upon setting up 2FA, the first thing you’ll need to do is retrieve them. To do that, you must log into your Google account, and then go to the Google 2FA site, where you’ll be prompted to log in once again. Upon successful authentication, you’ll see an entry for Backup codes.
Can I have Google Authenticator on two devices?
Google Authenticator is not without its inconveniences though. … That’s when I found out you can have Google Authenticator on multiple devices so long as you scan the same code with each device!