Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password, click “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the onscreen instructions.
Where do I find my Apple ID on my computer?
See if you’re already signed in with your Apple ID
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Tap Settings, then tap [your name].
- On your Mac. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
- On your PC. Open iCloud for Windows, then look for your Apple ID under your name.
What is your Apple ID and password?
Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access Apple services like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. It includes the email address and password that you use to sign in as well as all the contact, payment, and security details that you use across Apple services.
Is my Apple ID my email?
We use your email addresses to send you information about your account, and to help friends and family communicate and share with you. In most cases, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account.
How do I get an Apple ID password example?
When you create a new password, keep the following in mind:
- Your new Apple ID password must contain at least eight characters, a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter.
- You can’t use spaces, the same character three times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password you’ve used in the last year.
Is Apple ID and password the same?
Your Apple ID is the key, in all senses, to everything from your iPhone, to iCloud, and your email. Since it’s different from the password you use to log in to your Mac, though, and since it’s also different to the passcode you use on your iOS device, you don’t type it in very often.
How do I recover my Apple ID email?
Go to appleid.apple.com. Log in with your current Apple ID, tap Password and Security, answer the security questions, and you will be taken to a new page where you can update your Recovery/Rescue email address. Any iTunes purchases you made on this account are still linked to this account and cannot be changed.
Can I use my Gmail account as my Apple ID?
Yes, Gmail works fine for Apple ID purposes. Basically, any email that you own, and are guaranteed to have access to for at least a few years is good to use to create an Apple ID. Just don’t use temporary email addresses, since you’ll have problems in the future.
How do you reset your Apple ID password if you forgot it?
If you can’t change or reset your password
- Go to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID. …
- Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
- Choose to answer your security questions, receive an email or enter your recovery key. …
- Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password.
How do I create an Apple ID on my PC?
Create an Apple ID on your Windows PC
From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Sign In. Then click Create New Apple ID. Enter your credit card and billing information, then click Continue.