You can use a security key instead of a cellphone. It is possible to use Google 2-step verification without a mobile phone number. Just click the option “Don’t want to use text message or voice call?” and use either a Security Key or Google Prompt. Google offers different types of 2FA.
How do I get Google Authenticator code without phone?
Click on your profile photo in the upper-right side of your Gmail page, click the “My Account” button and then click “Signing into Google.” Enter your account password if asked, and click “2-Step Verification” on the next screen. On the 2-Step Verification page, you can create and print a set of backup codes.
Can I use Google Authenticator on my computer?
Basically, Google Authenticator receives a scanned code from the app that is setting up 2FA, and then it produces a 2FA code to access the app or online account. However, since it only works on Android and iOS devices, it cannot work on desktop PCs directly.
What to do if you lose your phone with Google Authenticator?
What if I lose my phone with Google Authenticator on it?
- Save your Backup Codes.
- Print Your QR Codes.
- Print or Save the Key.
- Reset Authenticator App using Change Phone option.
- Change your Google Account Password.
- Revoke your App Passwords.
What if you lose your phone with two factor authentication?
If you didn’t save your backup codes, and you’ve lost the phone that you use for 2FA – try calling your phone network to transfer your old number over to a new phone. You’ll need a new SIM card for that, and it could take a day or two for it to activate.
How do I use Google Authenticator on my laptop?
Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- In the “Add more second steps to verify it’s you” section, under “Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I get a QR code for Google Authenticator?
- From your favorite browser, open the Google account security page.
- Click on “2-Step Verification”
- Under the Authenticator App section, click “Setup”
- Choose your device type (Android, iPhone) and click “Next” to reveal a QR code.
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your device.
How do I transfer Google Authenticator to my computer?
Here are viable ways to backup Google Authenticator codes.
- Write Down the Code. One practical way to backup the code without compromising security is by writing it on a piece of paper. …
- Take a Screenshot. …
- Backup Code Using a Separate Device.
Can you recover Google Authenticator?
When you set up Google Authenticator two-factor authentication (2FA) in your account, you’re prompted to download a backup key. This code lets you restore access to your account in case you change or lose your phone, or accidentally delete the Google Authenticator app.
How do I restore my Authenticator app to a new phone?
How Do I Restore My Microsoft Authenticator To A New Phone?
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
What key do I need for Google Authenticator?
Google Authenticator Setup with Secret Key
In Google Authenticator, tap “Enter provided key”. In the “Account name” field, give the authentication a name; for example: “Clio”. In the “Enter your key” field, type the Secret Key from the Clio Two-Factor Setup screen, then tap the “Add” button.
Can I use Google Authenticator on multiple devices?
Google Authenticator is not without its inconveniences though. … That’s when I found out you can have Google Authenticator on multiple devices so long as you scan the same code with each device!