You save electricity every time you turn lights off, no matter how short the duration. Separate the lighting circuit to ensure that only the required lighting is switched on. Design houses that maximize on natural sunlight during the day. 95% of the energy used by a washing machine goes into heating the water.
How can I save on prepaid electricity?
How to save electricity with a prepaid electricity sub-meter… and other useful tips
- Turn off unnecessary lights and switch to energy-saving LED light bulbs. …
- Take shorter showers – and save water as well as electricity.
- Turn the hot water off when you are shaving, washing your hands or brushing your teeth.
Can I transfer my KPLC tokens?
yes,if you have a token number you haven’t used. I have called and the told their system is down. the tokens they sell at Uchumi are not for particular meter unless I’m mistaken. Can electricity tokens be shared?
How can we save maximum electricity?
How to Save Electricity With 6 Easy Tips
- #1: Bring down daily consumption with lights. …
- #2: Reduce the number of units when you have an AC. …
- #3: Make the most of a water heater. …
- #4: Minimise energy consumption with laptops. …
- #5: Make optimum use of a washing machine. …
- #6: Reduce usage during peak hours.
Can I buy electricity with airtime?
To use the service, users simply send an SMS containing their prepaid electricity meter number to 42004 and the 20-digit prepaid electricity token is returned in an SMS. … Payment for the electricity is automatically deducted from prepaid airtime credit or added to their postpaid account.
At what time is electricity cheapest?
Off-peak times vary slightly depending on the supplier, but they are usually between 10pm and 8am. This is when the least energy is taken from the grid and so energy suppliers can afford to offer cheaper prices.
Can a prepaid meter be blocked?
Meter Blocked? – It does occur that a meter is blocked by a municipality’s credit control. This means that the municipality prevents your meter from making a prepaid purchase until the block is lifted. To have this lifted the client needs to sort this out with the municipality.
How do I claim KPLC tokens?
Our main focus for this writing will be under the prepaid services (token) and to access that menu, you need to follow the below steps.
- Dial *977# from a Safaricom network.
- Choose option 1: Prepaid services (Token)
- On the next menu, Choose option 2: Latest Token.
- Select your meter from the list provided.
Is prepaid meter transferable?
The commission said any tenant who agrees to buy a prepaid meter for an apartment should work out a mode of compensation with the landlord since he cannot relocate with the meter. … “Meters cannot be transferred by a customer once installed in a premises. Meters becomes part of the property.
What are 10 ways to save electricity?
17 Energy Saving Tips for the Home
- Watch out for energy-draining appliances. …
- Smart power strips help to manage usage the smart way. …
- Use large appliances together to reduce energy use. …
- Cold wash when you can – its just as good! …
- Dry your clothes and dishes naturally. …
- Upgrade when the time comes for energy efficiency.
What are 5 ways to save electricity at home?
7 Ways to Save Electricity at Home
- Unplug. Even when an appliance isn’t in use, it can still draw current while on standby mode. …
- Stove savvy. …
- Get to grips with the geyser. …
- Take a shower. …
- Fit a power surge protector. …
- Cosy up. …
- Look on the bright side.
What are 5 ways to save energy?
Give five ways in which you can save energy at home.
- If there is sufficient ventilation at home, then switch off the fans and do not use Air Conditions.
- Switch off the lights at day time, and use lights only wherever required.
- Make use of energy efficient lighting bulbs.
- Use solar sources of energy.
How much is a token of electricity?
Domestic consumers who purchase less than 10 tokens: Each unit is charged Ksh. 12.00. Domestic consumers who purchase over 10 units: If you buy more than 10 tokens at a go, then you will be charged Ksh. 15.80 for each.
How do I buy electricity with my MTN SIM?
STEP 1: Dial *120*321# on your cellphone. Follow the prompts and select/enter option 1 (Prepaid). STEP 2: Select Electricity. STEP 3: Select Enter Electricity.
Can I buy electricity with Vodacom?
Vodacom Prepaid Electricity and Water. Vodacom Prepaid Electricity and Water is a service allowing customers to purchase prepaid electricity from most municipalities.