Why is my Apple ID disabled on my iPhone?
Apple automatically disables Apple IDs when someone tries to log in too many times using the wrong password, security question, or other account information. This can happen if you forget your password or accidentally type the wrong password too many times.
How do I re activate my Apple ID?
You can’t reactivate your ID yourself. You have to call Apple Support and they can reactivate it once you supply the code number. Scroll further down the page and there are contact telephone numbers for various counties.
How do I get my Apple ID Undisable?
Log out and Log in the Apple ID
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click your name banner at the top of the screen.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- Select “Sign Out”
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap “turn off”
- Tap “sign out” twice to confirm you are signing out of iCloud.
Why is my account disabled?
If you see a message that says “Your account has been disabled,” you can send an appeal to have it recovered. Facebook may disable your account if you’ve used it in a way that violates their terms and standards. This includes using a fake name, impersonating someone, sending spam messages, and harassing other users.
How long does it take to reactivate Apple ID?
“It might take a few days—or longer—to regain access to your account, depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.” Thanks. That was the recovery process I started five days ago.
What do I do if my Apple ID is not active?
If the Apple ID is showing as inactive, contact Apple ID Support.
- Apple ID – Official Apple Support.
- Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security – Apple Support. ( …
- Get Support Work through the screens to get a chat option.
- Security and your Apple ID – Apple Support.
Do disabled accounts get deleted?
No it will not be deleted.
How do you submit a new request to enable your account?
If you own the account, you can request access to it again.
Ask us to restore your account
- Sign in to your Google Account on a browser, like Chrome.
- Select Request Review.
- Follow the instructions.
What is the difference between a locked account and a disabled account?
1 Answer. Disabled indicates an account has been administratively or automatically disabled for some reason. Usually some action is required to release it. Locked indicates an account has been automatically suspended due to invalid login attempts.