If you already have an Apple ID using icloud email, you can change it to google: Click Edit on the Account. Then click Change Apple ID… You can set up your mail and calendar using your google account.
Add an additional email address
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Click Edit in the Account section.
- Under Reachable at, select Add More.
- Enter your additional email address. …
- We’ll send a verification to that address. …
- Enter the verification code and click Verify.
How to Sync iCloud with Gmail?
- Go to SyncGene and sign up;
- Find the “Add Account” tab, select iCloud and sign in to your iCloud account;
- Click on “Add Account” and log in to your Gmail account;
- Find the “Filters” tab and check the folders you want to sync;
- Click “Save” and then “Sync all”.
Does Apple ID work with Gmail?
Yes, Gmail works fine for Apple ID purposes. Basically, any email that you own, and are guaranteed to have access to for at least a few years is good to use to create an Apple ID. Just don’t use temporary email addresses, since you’ll have problems in the future.
Is my Apple ID the same as my Google account?
Your Apple ID account is separate from your Gmail account, even if you are using your Gmail email address as your Apple ID email.
How do I sync my iPhone to Gmail?
To sync content from your Google Account with the Apple apps on your device:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Contacts. …
- Tap Add account. …
- Tap Add account Google.
- Follow the instructions to sign in to your Google Account.
- Choose which Google apps to sync with your device. …
- Tap Save.
How do I switch my default Google account?
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Google/Google Settings.
- Tap on the dropdown arrow next to the current default Google account.
- Tap a different account.
What email do you use for Apple ID?
You can use an iCloud email address from Apple (@icloud.com, @me.com, @mac.com) or another service like Gmail, for example. For customers who had recently changed their Apple ID email addresses from something like Gmail to iCloud, Apple previously did not let users change their addresses back again.
How do I sync Gmail with iCloud?
In order to add your iCloud email to Gmail simply go to your Google account and click “Add another account”, you’ll see an option with the iCloud logo on it, click on it and then add your email address and password. Although Google will still treat the accounts as separate ones.
Can I change my Apple ID from Gmail to iCloud?
However, Apple now allows you to change Apple ID from any third-party service like Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail or Yahoo to an icloud.com Email Address. … For example, if you switch Apple ID from “email@example.com” to “firstname.lastname@example.org”, you won’t be able to go back to email@example.com or “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Can I transfer my Apple ID to another email?
How to change your Apple ID to a different email address. Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in. … Choose Change Apple ID. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code.
Does my Apple ID have to be an email address?
It a not possible to create a non-email address Apple ID any longer. As a matter of fact, they are becoming more and more inconvenient, as various Apple services begin to assume that your Apple ID is an email.
Why cant I use my email for my Apple ID?
An email address that is already associated with an Apple ID cannot be used as an Apple ID. “Associated with” in this context means that the email address is not: already in use as an Apple ID. used as an alias for an Apple ID.