Besides a birth certificate, you also need a state issued ID, like a driver’s license or a passport. If you don’t have a passport or a driver’s license, you need to file the respective application forms. A birth certificate can make it easier to obtain both of these documents.
Can you make an ID without birth certificate?
For example, the Western Cape government website says you have to be accompanied by your parents or at least one of your parents for a first-time ID application. … What they all do seem to agree on is that you have to have a certified copy of your parent’s ID.
What can be used as a secondary form of ID?
Full-color or grayscale scans and PDFs of the following documents are acceptable as secondary documents:
- U.S. Voter Registration Card or Certificate.
- Letter attesting state residency.
- U.S. Health Insurance Card.
- DOD Certificate of Discharge or Release (DD214, DD256 or NGB form 22)
- U.S. Birth Certificate with official seal.
What do I need to get my ID?
Smart ID. Western Cape Home Affairs Offices. Applying for a Smart ID.
First time applicants
- Form BI-9, completed in black ink. …
- A certified copy of your birth certificate or reference book or a copy of the old Transkei, Bophuthatswana, Venda or Ciskei homelands identity or travel documents.
Can I get a California ID without a birth certificate?
Identification cards may be issued to any California resident regardless of age. … You will need your Social Security card and birth certificate to apply for a California identification card. You do not need your birth certificate if you have a California driver’s license.
How can I get my ID online?
How to apply for a Smart ID online
- Step 1: Go on to the e-Home Affairs website and register. …
- Step 2: You will receive an OTP (one-time pin) to confirm your cellphone number. …
- Step 3: You will receive another OTP to login to your profile.
- Step 4: Complete your application form for a smart ID card.
What should I do if I lost my ID?
File a report at your local police station immediately after the loss or theft. You’ll need an affidavit when applying for your replacement document, and this can also serve as a form of identification while you await your replacement.
How can I prove my identity without a photo ID?
You can use any document from the following list:
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
Is Birth Certificate a valid ID?
Proof of identity (NSO-issued birth certificate, SSS UMID card, Passport, or Driver’s License) Proof of address (Barangay Certificate of Residency, Certified True Copy of Lease, Bank Statement)
Can I use my expired ID to get a new one?
Yes, if the driver license, permit or non-driver ID card (photo document) expired during the past 2 years. For example, you can use a New York State photo driver license that expired during the past two years as the proofs of your identity and date of birth to apply for a replacement driver license.
How long does a temporary ID last?
About applying for a temporary driving licence
You can apply for a temporary driving licence if you have applied for the renewal of your expired licence or have lost your drivers licence. This licence is valid for only six months and can be issued at any driving licence testing centre (DLTC).
Why is ID blocked?
The following reasons mainly attribute to why IDs are blocked and markers are set on the National Population Register: Where ID numbers are Duplicated. Illegal Immigrants who obtained SA documents fraudulently.
Which bank can I apply for my ID?
The service is now available across seven FNB branches, including Merchant Place (Gauteng), Centurion Lifestyle (Gauteng), Lynnwood (Gauteng), Greenpoint (Western Cape), Burgersfort (Limpopo), The Glen (Gauteng) and now Cornubia (KwaZulu-Natal).
Can you get ca ID online?
Driver’s License / ID Card Application. This online driver’s license and ID card application saves you time by letting you complete the application before visiting a DMV field office. When you arrive, DMV employees can quickly access your completed form and begin to process it.
How can I get my ID card online California?
How to Apply for an ID Card
- Provide your social security number (SSN).
- Verify your identity with an acceptable identity document. …
- Present acceptable residency documents (if you have never had a California DL/ID card).
- Pay the nonrefundable application fee (see below for information about reduced- and no-fee ID cards).
How does a homeless person get an ID in California?
Go to a local human services provider or public social services provider and let them know you are currently experiencing homelessness and need a “fee waiver” to get a free California photo ID from the DMV.