The problem is that the mail you are sending does not accept messages, or there is an error in the email settings you are sending.
How do I fix 550 Please turn on SMTP authentication in your mail client?
How did we fix this error:
- Log on to your Cpanel Account.
- Go to the “email” section and click on the “MX Entry” setting (a few scrolls from the top of the cpanel page)
- Once the MX entry setting is already open, Go to “Email Routing” and click on the appropriate setting for your account:
How do I enable SMTP authentication in my mail client?
How to configure SMTP authentication
- Right-click on the context menu of your e-mail account and click on “Settings”
- Navigate to “Outgoing server (SMTP)” select your mail server and click “Edit”
- Activate the option “Use username and password” and enter your e-mail address.
- Confirm the settings with “OK”
How do I fix SMTP authentication error?
Fix SMTP Server error in Email
- Open your email client program (Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora or Windows Mail)
- Click “Accounts” in the “Tools” menu.
- Click on your email account then click “Properties” button.
- Click “General” tab.
- Ensure that the “E-mail address” is your valid address for this account.
- Click “Servers” tab.
What is SMTP authentication in your mail client?
SMTP authentication means a username and password are required to send email. This is your email username and password. If you don’t have SMTP authentication turned on, you won’t be able to send email but you will be able to receive email.
Is not permitted to relay 550 through this Server without authentication?
1.1) or Server error: 550 relay not permitted, authentication required / Relay not allowed The most common cause is that authentication is missing in the outgoing mail settings. With outgoing mail, your e-mail address / login and corresponding password are also required.
How do you fix a rejected attempt relay?
Click the “Servers” tab. Check the “My Server Requires Authentication” check box and the adjacent “settings” button. Make sure that the “Use same settings as my Incoming Mail Server” radio button is selected.
Do I need SMTP authentication?
Why you shouldn’t use SMTP servers without authentication
However, there is no need for authentication to connect to the email server. … No SMTP authentication means that it is possible to spoof the sender. In the best case, someone will use your mail server to send unauthorized sales emails.
Where do I find my SMTP authentication?
On the Tools menu, click Account Settings. Select the email account from the list and click Change. On the Change E-mail Settings window, click More Settings. Click the Outgoing Server tab and check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
How do I find my SMTP authentication?
To test SMTP authentication via telnet:
- In a telnet client such as PuTTY, connect to the SMG appliance: telnet <SMG_IP_address> 587.
- Greet the mail server: EHLO mailserver.com.
- Tell SMG you want to authenticate with it: AUTH LOGIN. …
- Paste the base64 encoded username. …
- Paste the base64 encoded password for the username.
What does SMTP authentication error mean?
If your mail server (also known as the SMTP server) rejects the user name and password, an Authentication Failed error will result. … You will not be able to send any email until this problem is resolved, although it may not affect the ability to receive email.
What is SMTP error from remote mail server?
What is the error “SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO”? … The RCPT command is used to tell the sender mail server, who the recipient of your message is. The error message denotes that the sending mail server faced an error during that command, while trying to send mails.
What does SMTP error mean?
An SMTP response code is a three digit code that the servers use to communicate throughout the email sending process. … If there is a communication error, you will receive an SMTP error code — a message that indicates the specific problem; like the end of server communication which is error code 550 (The request failed).
How do I find my SMTP password?
How can I find out my SMTP User Name and SMTP Password?
- Log in to your account in the Secure SMTP Control Panel.
- From the top menu select ‘SMTP Accounts’.
- Select the required SMTP account from the list, and click the ‘Edit’ button.
- On the ‘Edit SMTP Account’ page you can change your SMTP User Name and SMTP password.