Go to Security settings and sign in with your Microsoft account. Under the Two-step verification section, choose Set up two-step verification to turn it on, or choose Turn off two-step verification to turn it off. Follow the instructions.
How do I change my authentication settings in Outlook?
Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- Select the email account from the list and click Change.
- On the Change E-mail Settings window, click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option.
How do I change my two-factor authentication phone number in Outlook?
To change your phone numbers
Select the box next to the Alternate authentication phone option, and then type in a secondary phone number where you can receive phone calls if you can’t access your primary device. Select Save.
How do I change my two-factor authentication device?
Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security. Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication. Tap Continue. Enter the phone number where you want to receive verification codes when you sign in.
How do I change my Microsoft Office authenticator to a new number?
- Login to myapps.microsoft.com.
- Click on Profile picture on right hand top corner of the portal.
- Click ‘Edit Security Info’ and another page will open where you can change the phone number.
How do I restore Outlook with 2 step verification?
Answer: It is highly impossible for you to recover your account, unless you remember your password or recover back your security proofs first or atleast 1 of them. This only applies if your account is two-step verification enabled, if not there’s other way to recover your account.
How do I add two-factor authentication to Office 365?
How do I enable Office 365 2FA on my user account?
- Step 1 – Download Microsoft Authenticator app to your mobile device. …
- Step 2 – Access Office 365 user account online. …
- Step 3 – Configure the Microsoft Authenticator App. …
- Step 4 – IMPORTANT STEP: Save the App Password. …
- Step 5 – Login to your Office 365 account using 2FA.
How do you reset two-factor authentication on Office 365?
Reset 2FA for Office 365 account
- Go to Azure Active Directory Admin Center. You can find it under Office 365 Admin Center -> Admin Center -> Azure Active Directory.
- Choose Users, then click on the user name of the affected user.
- Choose Authentication methods under Manage. Click Revoke MFA sessions.
Why is there no option to turn off two-factor authentication?
If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks.
How do I reset my Microsoft authenticator?
How Do I Restore My Microsoft Authenticator To A New Phone?
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
How do I change my Microsoft authenticator settings?
Change how you do additional verification
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 using your password and second verification method.
- Click here to see the Additional security verification page.
- Choose how you want to do your second verification. …
- When complete, click Save.