Why can’t I change my Apple ID to another email?
As such, unfortunately currently it is not possible to change an Apple ID’s name/primary email from a third party email address to an iCloud email address (i.e. to the same iCloud email address that is already associated with/an alias for that Apple ID).
What if my Apple ID is an old email address?
If your current ID was previously associated with the old address that shouldn’t be a problem as it will not require you to validate the account. However, as mentioned earlier, if it was not previously associated with your current ID you’ll have to contact Apple for assistance resetting the password.
Can I change back to my old Apple ID?
The only solution is to change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple at My Apple ID using your current password, you don’t need access to this address if it’s previously been used with your Apple ID, once you have saved these details enter the password as requested on your device and then turn off “find …
Why is Apple not letting me change my Apple ID?
Question: Q: it won’t let me change my apple id email
Answer: A: The message implies that the email address is already linked to an iTunes account (or maybe has been recently linked to an account) – it doesn’t matter whether you’ve had the email address for years, an email address can’t be on multiple accounts.
How do I transfer my Apple ID from one Apple ID to another?
Part 1. Transfer Data from One Apple ID to Another in 1-click
- Sign in Two iCloud Accounts and Head to iCloud Sync.
- Confirm the Source Account and the Target Account.
- Click Next to Start Syncing.
- Choose an iCloud Data Type.
- Transfer Contacts to Another iCloud Account.
- Joy Taylor.
How do I remove an email from my Apple ID?
Delete an additional email address
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Click Edit in the Account section.
- To delete one of your additional email addresses, click next to the address.
How do I change my Apple ID email on my iPhone?
How To Change Your Apple ID Email Address
- Go to appleid.apple.com, click Manage Your Apple ID, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click edit to the right of your email address under the section called Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
- Enter your new Apple ID email address.
- Click Save.
Can I change my Apple ID without losing everything?
When you change your Apple ID, you will not lose any data. If you create a new Apple ID, that will cause you to have to start over and lose everything that you purchased with that ID.
How do I change my Apple ID settings?
Open the Settings app and tap on Update Apple ID Settings. Then, tap Continue on the next screen. Enter your Apple ID password when the pop-up appears on the screen. Most of the time, the “Update Apple ID Settings” notification will go away after you’ve entered your Apple ID password.